1. To promote organ donation for transplantation as a treatment for many life threatening diseases including heart disease, kidney disease, liver disease, diabetes and cystic fibrosis
2. To educate and inform the community, patients and their families and health professionals about organ and tissue donation to markedly improve rates of donation.
3. To work in partnership with Department of Health (DOH), clinicians, and hospitals to promote best practice professional training and ensure that the family of every potential donor is offered the option of donation in a caring and respectful manner.
4. To provide support, care, information and advocacy for people and with end stage organ failure, donor families, living donors transplant recipients and their families.
5. To provide policy advice to DOH, clinicians and hospitals.